[aprssig] Sending messages from the keyboard.

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Thu Sep 15 04:33:28 UTC 2005

> The question is, "What exactly would he type into his
> terminal program so that it creates and sends an APRS message
> to me either direct or via the digipeater?"

I think you could do it, but you'd need to get the formatting exactly right
- for example, the number of spaces after the destination callsign.  Here's
one I just grabbed off the IS:

:K7CTS    :Hi Bill{03

You'd just need your TOCALL set to APRS or something starting with AP.
Whether or not it uses the digipeater would depend on your path setting.  If
your buddy sends a message back, it's up to you to send an ACK manually or
it'll keep resending.  It'd be tedious, but it's not difficult.