[aprssig] Xastir?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Sep 29 14:32:35 UTC 2005

On Thu, 29 Sep 2005, Wes Johnston wrote:

> Out of the box, xastir will support all DOS and winaprs maps, and JPG
> images with a corresponding GEO file, and of course topo/photo maps from
> terraserver and tiger maps (for those in the USA).

Careful there, you're talking about the Lintronix Windows/Cygwin
install which has ImageMagick support compiled in, giving you lots
of image file capability.  Add to the list of capabilities above:
PocketAPRS and USGS GNIS maps.

An absolute minimum Xastir install supports these map types:

without any additional libraries compiled in.  As you add optional
libraries into the compile the capabilities increase greatly.
Probably the ones I find most useful to add are ImageMagick and
Shapelib, then add in either wget or libcurl so that you can fetch
internet maps to send to ImageMagick for processing.