[aprssig] IGates in Baton Rouge

Keith - VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Tue Apr 11 04:25:51 UTC 2006

Chris AE6VK wrote...

> I’m visiting in Baton Rouge, LA and set up my laptop with UI-view and
> Packet Engine Pro. I’ve been trying to use WIDE1-1, WIDE2-1 as my path,
> which is the current recommendation as I understand it. But nothing
> seems to be getting through to findu.

It looks like you are making it to an IGate, but you haven't been heard
for about 15 hours. Your last heard beacon was gated by KC5YSM-2 about
16 hours ago..

> I see a bunch of stations around me on UI-view and there is even one
> that digipeats me, but nobody around me – except some directly
> connected weather stations – has made it to findu recently either...
> It appears the K5LSU-5 is expected to be the local IGate,
> but also has not been heard from all day.

Counting the dog (& the CW stations) it looks like there are 50 stations
within 65 miles of your location. It looks like the real "problem" is that
K5LSU-5, which gated most of your beacons earlier, has been AWOL for about
17 hours or so. See http://www.qrz.com/detail/K5LSU, and
http://www.qrz.com/detail/N5IB. James is the trustee for K5LSU. According
to qrz.com his email address is giamman @ rouge.phys.lsu.edu. Perhaps you
could fire him a note or see if you can find a phone number for him.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH