[aprssig] Now this is an interesting use for APRS

Tad Burnett tburnett at vermontel.net
Thu Apr 13 01:18:14 UTC 2006

I once worked at a site where a huge intercom system was set up
using cheap CB radios all tied into a single coax..( no antenna )....

At the time ( 35 years ago ) I was running a well tuned whip antenna
on the trunk of my car and I took great pleasure in showing my boss
that I could receive every word said from a spot 1 mile away...
The CB radios were scrapped...
The conversation was secret but they also realized they could be in
deep trouble with FCC....