[aprssig] What (if anything) can be gated from HF direct to APRS IS ?

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu Apr 20 13:36:42 UTC 2006

Igates are suppoesd to take every packet heard
and put it into the APRS-IS.  Conversly, in most
areas, nothing shoold come out of an IGate from
the APRS-IS unless requested or as messages
or courtesy posits from stations involved in
messaging.  So  your HF IGate should be gating
everything to the APRS-IS.  And no one should
be using ECHO digipeating on HF except in an
emergency.   Bob, WB4APR

>>> <maiko at pcs.mb.ca> 04/20/06 12:25 AM >>>
Hi all,

Are the rules for gating stuff to the APRS Internet System
for HF aprs completely different than VHF aprs ?

If I have a HF tnc monitoring 30 meters APRS, what am I *allowed*
to pipe direct to the APRS IS ? Is there a summary of rules ? This
evening I watched a user mention that he was seeing ACKS coming
through an ECHO. At the time I had the igate going (just for a
few minutes to test some stuff). I then switched it off.

Maiko Langelaar / VE4KLM

aprssig mailing list
aprssig at lists.tapr.org