[aprssig] aprsd confusion

Tapio Sokura oh2kku at iki.fi
Mon Apr 24 21:17:01 UTC 2006

Curt, WE7U wrote:
> How hard is it to fix it in the SourceForge version?

I wrote a quick patch and entered into the aprsd project's bug tracking
system at sourceforge over 11 months ago. But there have been no new
file releases since then. I guess the whole project has been pretty much
stagnant for years.

> Mic-E conversion should default to off and strong wording should be
> put in the docs and the config files to warn about turning it on, or
> else the option should be removed.

It is defaulted to off and has been for a long time. No problem there,
unless an igate operator decides otherwise. It might be better to remove
the functionality altogether from future versions.