[aprssig] How does this work then?

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Wed Apr 26 16:03:44 UTC 2006

On Apr 26, 2006, at 10:48 AM, Dave Baxter wrote:

> Monitoring the APRS-IS with UiView here in the UK, and see "ct1exe-l"
> (in lower case) shown as located in the UK, with this "frame"
> *080158z5240.86N\00024.03El030/035
> But, on Findu, he's listed as in Portugal.  Regardless of if I use all
> upper case, or lower case for the callsign.

CT1EXE is sending the following:

CT1EXE>APU25N,TCPIP*,qAC,CT1EXE,PRTVHF:;ct1exe-l *080158z5240.86N
\00907.12Wl030/035 LINK EM CALDAS FRE 74.4 LUSOFONA

These two objects always follow one another, so the second is the one
findU sees.

findU ignores case, I'm guessing UI-View does not and sees these as
two separate objects.

Steve K4HG