[aprssig] Google isn't my friend, it's Big Brother...

Wes Johnston wes at kd4rdb.com
Thu Apr 27 18:06:09 UTC 2006

Guys, I just created an object in aprs that represents the location of the airport VOR in a nearby town.  I then went to findu to look it up and found that google blanked out one tile on their satellite photo map.

Check it out...

Select hybrid map and zoom way in.  Nice to know that google is helping to keep us safe from the bad guys.  I don't suppose they could find the VOR stations in the same database I did, eh?  And what difference would it make if they could see a photo of it?  Sheesh.