[aprssig] The D700 and a Samsung Cellphone
brianbr at mac.com
Thu Apr 27 23:00:38 CDT 2006
A few weeks ago I had a strange series of phone calls from a number
of acquaintances and family members. I was getting calls from people
saying Sara's (my wife, W1SLR) cell phone keeps calling me and when I
answer all I hear is a radio in the background; nobody talks to me. I
spoke to Sara about it and she had no idea what was going on. So we
kept track of things and here is what we pieced together.
(1) Vehicle is a 2005 Ford Focus Wagon
(2) radio is a Kenwood TMD700A, wired directly to the battery
through appropriate fuses and a Rat Shack 20 amp rated line filter.
(3) cell phone is a Samsung A650 with an "iGo" cigarette lighter
plug charging unit
(4) the problem only occurs when the phone is on the charging cord.
(5) every time the D700 pops off a position beacon (3 minutes) the
cellphone, if idle, first goes to the calls received list, and the
next beacon after that, dials the most recent entry in that list.
[strains of the Outer Limits soundtrack rising in the background]
(6) the same phone on the same charging cord in my truck, a 1992
Ford Ranger, with an identically set up D700, has no such problem.
cheers ... 73 de brian riley, n1bq , underhill center, vermont
<n1bq at wulfden.org>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the aprssig