[aprssig] APRS in the National Parks

James kb7tbt at gmail.com
Sun Apr 30 20:10:13 UTC 2006

As a yearly visitor to the Grand Canyon I can tell you that YES there is
coverage via APRS.

There are 2 digi's that cover the canyon, the main one is Navajo Mountain
Utah, it has 95%+ coverage.

The other is Mt. Elden in flagstaff, it has 20% coverage.

I have met a few Hams via APRS at the canyon.

You can see the portable station I setup at the Canyon at

Google: What Starts In Beta Stays In Beta!