[aprssig] APRS in the National Parks

Home Andy kg6rwo at comcast.net
Sun Apr 30 23:56:14 UTC 2006

Was in Arizona at the beginning of the month.  I setup my D700 in my rental
SUV. We stayed at Tusayan, just outside the park and got a couple of APRS
position reports in.  I did not drive in the park.

We did drive though the Sunset Volcano and Wupatki Parks and ny cranking up
the power to 50 W, got a decent trace.  For awhile APRS was my only means of
communicating with civilization as I had the wrong tone code for a repeater
that I could hear from time to time.