[aprssig] GPS recommendations

Mark Conner mconner1 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 14 03:07:49 UTC 2006

I'll probably start trolling eBay for a used GPS sometime after Christmas,
hoping Garmin's ad campaign was effective and people will be getting rid of
their older models.  I'm looking for a GPS to replace the III+ that I
currently have.  I'm looking for a color model with a reasonable-sized
display, hopefully upgradeable maps, and it must have a bidirectional RS-232
serial connection so I can hook it up to a future TinyTrak4 or OpenTracker2
(or my D7) and display other APRS stations on it.

Any recommendations on models to get (or avoid)?

73 de Mark N9XTN