[aprssig] GPS276c

Wes Johnston aprs at kd4rdb.com
Wed Feb 1 20:56:04 UTC 2006

I've decided to upgrade the GPS that I use with my d700 to a 276c
garmin.  Any complaints or comments?  The unit seems to have two serial
ports that can be in two different modes at the same time... I think I'd
run the D700 port in nmea and the 2nd port in garmin mode for use with
other mapping programs.  Does this unit accept GPWPL sentances?  I
bought an original street pilot a few years ago and even though the
manual said it would accept GPWPL, it did not.  Just wanna make sure
this one does....