[aprssig] APRS for a motorcycle experimenter

Bill Vodall WA7NWP wa7nwp at jnos.org
Wed Feb 15 03:00:29 UTC 2006

>>So make one - where has the pioneering spirit gone ?
>>
>>Are we expereimentors, or just "equipment users"
>
  > The pioneering spirit isn't gone.. it just takes a lot more resources to
> produce an economically viable product these days.

Don't worry - soon we'll all be experimenters.  As all the hams working
and making money to buy new rigs will retire and quit buying equipment
then the major manufacturers will move on to profitable markets.  So our
encryption free 1200 baud AM signals are safe for a while...

73,
Bill - WA7NWP

(PS - I'm the optimist....)