[aprssig] Using a TNC as a CW Beacon Only

VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sun Feb 19 15:46:50 UTC 2006

Andre PE1RDW said...

> You can find it on the http://www.pa3gco.com site.

& Fred WB4AEJ commented...

> that site seems to be dead at the moment...

To make a long story short, Albert PA3GCO is using DNS servers at
mydomain.com for www.pa3gco.com to get to dnsix.com which is apparently
redirecting it to which appears to be
in the Netherlands, but there is no host name associated with that IP
address. A search for www.pa3gco.com at Google indicates that it was...
"Homepage PA3GCO: Nokia atf2, packet -76K8 70cm and 23 cm,callsign
generator, atv, hamradio, 10 GHz, repeaters" but clicking on their cache of
the site doesn't show anything because they tried to retrieve a copy of the
site on Feb 18 and it didn't load for them either. In other words, like Fred
said... it appears to be dead at the moment. <g>

www.pa3gco.cm isn't quite "24 uur per dag" but anyone interested could
try and contact Albert at pa3gco @ amsat.org, or you could look for him
on 1242.350 MHz if you are within range of him. Amazing what you can do with
a hacked lunchbox-sized Nokia cell phone! I had never heard of them being
used on 23 cm before!. www.qsl.net/pa3gco/zelfbouw/nokia23cm/nok23_uk.html

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH