[aprssig] Recommendations for KPC-3 digis:

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Feb 20 20:39:09 UTC 2006

For years I was flighting for NOID.  But under the
New-N Paradigm, we are no longer using UIFLOOD for
WIDEn-N so now we are using UIFLOOD for SSn-N.
In this case we want ID to be ON.

This lets a packet VIA SS1-1,SSn-N arrive everywhere
as DIGI1,SS1,DIGIN,WIDEn-N which shows the first
and last digi in the path...  Bob

aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org wrote:
> Here are my recommendations for anyone with a KPC-3
> WIDEn-N digi.  THis is a copy one I sent to a local SYSOP:
> 2) UIFLOOD should be set to NOID (the default).
> Yours is set to ID so that your digi obliterates all
> prior path data in every packet by overwriting with
> its own call.  This makes troubleshooting and tracing
> packets to their source impossible.
> also more or less along the I-64 corridor.  Next, send this to
> the Richmond DIGI sysop and see if he agrees.  But he
> will have to drop WIDEn-N inorder to also support the
> I-95 LINK of 95LNKn-N in his UITRACE parameter...

   Bob in your text file "kpc3+WIDEn.txt" you have
"2) UIFLOOD should now be set to SS,30,ID to support your local State
or ARRL section nets (where SS is your state abbreviation).  Notice
this is a complete reversal to previous recommendations that wanted
NOID to be set.  Now we want ID ON.  This is because we now will get
full path tracing for WIDEn-N in the UITRACE parameter.  Also, with the
SSn-N paths, we can get FIRST and LAST digi identification if users
use the path of SS1-1,SSn-N.  These packets will arrive as
DIGI1,DIGIn*,SSn-N, showing the first and last DIGI's used."

   Did I read something out of context or is uiflood supposed to have NOID
instead of ID. I'm running 9.1 for my digi's.

aprssig mailing list
aprssig at lists.tapr.org