[aprssig] APRS and EchoLink

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Feb 20 21:25:27 UTC 2006

Looks perfect too.  Shows up on HT display
  as Packet BBS
  o 145.01

and is transmitted locally direct.   Bob

>>> ron.tonneson at gmail.com 02/17/06 10:44 AM >>>
How about just creating an object in your Igate software for the EchoLink.  I do that here for our local packet BBS,

Ron - K0QVF

Bruce W. Martin, KQ4TV wrote:

> The Vanderbilt University ARC has a repeater with attached EchoLink
> hardware. We also have an APRS iGate. Looking at some of the EchoLink
> documentation it seems to say that if you want your EchoLink repeater
> identified on the APRS network (RF or IS) that it requires a separate
> attached TNC and Radio and some specific settings in EchoLink. Is  there
> not some way that some settings can be made in EchoLink to send  the
> info via internet and have the iGate pick it up and transmit the  info
> via RF?
> Bruce

aprssig mailing list
aprssig at lists.tapr.org