[aprssig] Digipeater routing: 'Get me to findu'

AE5PL Lists HamLists at ametx.com
Tue Feb 28 16:59:51 UTC 2006

?APRSH along with most queries are responded to in an ad-hoc fashion
across different applications.  Just stating fact here, not opinion.

> It would amaze me if any APRS software did not keep heard
> statistics for each station for at least
> 24 hours.  Knowing the  availability of surrounding local
> APRS stations is critical in any local event or
> network...   24 hours seems to match the human
> schedule  pretty well...   ***Especially on HF where
> propogation is diurnal...       de WB4APR, Bob

Nice and true for client software if that software also gives you the
option to limit this history.  Such a long history of individual station
statistics is of no value to software with no user interface such as
javAPRSIGate.  As such, it only keeps a history of the last 30 minutes
(or whatever setting the sysop puts in) for stations heard on RF since
that is all it needs to know.

Pete Loveall AE5PL
mailto:pete at ae5pl.net