[aprssig] TNC Sleeping

kb2scs at optonline.net kb2scs at optonline.net
Mon Jan 2 00:57:29 UTC 2006

HI Fred
             Here is a simple Basic program to take you TNC out of
Kiss mode. I call it KissOff

A long time ago I had sent this program to the sig as I am doing now
and someone compiled it into an exe and up loaded it to their web
site. Do not remember the URL

The following Basic program is MIcrosoft Quick Basic 4.5

REM KISSOFF.BAS Simple program to take tnc-2 tnc out of KISS MODE
INPUT "Enter Com port # here"; scom
INPUT "Enter Com baud rate here"; sbaud
OPEN "COM" + scom + ":" + sbaud + ",N,8,1,RB32000,TB32000" FOR RANDOM
AS #1 LEN = 200
PRINT #1, CHR$(192); CHR$(255); CHR$(192)
PRINT "TNC should be in command mode now."

Note due to e-mail some lines may end up as two lines and will have
to be made one line again in order for the program to work.

If there is a demand I could make this into a Vb program which I
would then release the source as above.

> Fred Atkinson, WB4AEJ schreef:
> >    Well, I removed the lithium battery and the power cord.  Then
I left it