[aprssig] The best resolution of position from APRS

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Jan 4 15:35:00 UTC 2006

>>> jdw at eng.uah.edu 01/04/06 7:46 AM >>>
>I personally would like to see more effort in actual
>advancements to  APRS, and less effort keeping everything
>frozen in time so that we're  backwards compatible
>with 10 or 20 year old designs.

Like what?
The community wanted 1 foot resolution.  We upgraded
APRS with the !DAO! format that not only provided that
but was 100% backwards compatible and provided DATUM
as well.

I just dont understand all this griping over people wanting
to use a depricated obsolete 1 foot resolution format that cannot
be seen by 10,000 edsxisting APRS users that represent
85% of all users who use APRS mobile!

You call that progress??????  Continuing to insist o using
the obsolete and depricated compressed object format
that is known to be broken is what is hold ing APRS back.
Not the spec.

de Wb4APR, Bob

aprssig mailing list
aprssig at lists.tapr.org