[aprssig] help with d700 gap filler digi

Wes Johnston johnstonwes at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 01:55:17 UTC 2006

 I was playing with two d700s today side by side. A small tracker was
transmiting every 60 seconds.  Both d700s heard it, and both digi'ed it as
WIDE1-1.  No problem... The problem is that they both digi'ed at exactly the
same moment.  This double would cause me not to decode on the far end.  So
do I need to adjust slot and persist?  Is there a dwait?  What is the
recommended way to stagger them.  These are NOT WIDE and high digis that
need to use fracticide.  I'm trying to place many gap filler digis around a
motocycle race thru the woods to copy a 5w HT tracker.

Wes