[aprssig] earthquakes?

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Sun Jun 11 17:23:07 UTC 2006

On Jun 11, 2006, at 12:10 PM, VE7GDH wrote:

> Are all those earthquakes that I'm seeing on APRS right now (Alaska
> & California) for real?

Yes, but weak earthquakes are very common in those areas. For example:

shows 332 quakes in the last week in Calif/Nevada.

On APRS, the object name gives the time (ddhhmm) before the q and the
magnitude (x10) after (so 23 means 2.3). If I recall correctly, only
those Mag 2 and greater are sent to the APRS IS. None that I'm seeing
are large enough to feel...

Steve K4HG