[aprssig] APRS & IRLP / Echolink

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Wed Jun 14 15:37:44 UTC 2006

vk3jfk at amsat.org wrote:
> Dave,
> I believe Echolink requires you to have a TNC dedicated to the APRS task. It
> will also use UI-View32 in TNC mode but will not in Host mode or APRS-IS
> mode.
> The version of Echolink I've been running will has no facility to allow
> direct APRS-IS connections. This is a bit old fashioned especially when
> Echolink is internet based.
> If you find out that there is a way to do it let me know.
> Cheers
> Richard

About a year ago, I wrote to the Echolink author suggesting he implement
support for the AGW Packet Engine so that Echolink could share a radio
and TNC with other APRS apps.  I never heard back from him.

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Home Page:          http://wa8lmf.com

NEW!   JavAPRS Filter Port 14580 Guide

UI-View Misc Notes and FAQ