[aprssig] WIDEn-N 'Decay Sequence'

Jan T. Pharo la2bba at jpharo.net
Tue Jun 20 05:14:06 UTC 2006

"Cap Pennell" <cap at cruzio.com>, Mon, 19 Jun 2006 13:56:19 -0700:

>Oh Jan, say it isn't so.  hi hi  The main problem with improving the VHF
>network in North America (too) is all our "set-it-and-forget-it" operators.
>Though we hope to "forgive them, for they know not what they do", APRS is
>not a "set-it-and-forget it" operating mode of amateur radio.  Amateur radio
>has no "set-it-and-forget-it" operating modes.

No, no "set and forget". But in our area, 3 to 4 hops seem to be about
the most suitable setting for a mobile. If the situation should change
so we were involved in a local SAR assistance, then of course settings
were to be changed. (So far, the SAR authorities and
semi-professionals in most parts of the country and the neighbouring
countries are confident they can make it without assistance from
amateur radio operators.)

73 de Jan, LA2BBA
Hvaler, Norway