[aprssig] APRSdos using MAPquest maps?

Curt, WE7U archer at eskimo.com
Thu Jun 29 14:57:48 UTC 2006

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006, Stephen H. Smith wrote:

> This is really neat for APRS demo purposes.  You can capture the map
> display of an APRS program every 30 secs or a minute or so, and then
> later play the files back in sequence as a slide show (or assemble them
> into a single animated GIF image file).

Xastir has this capability build-in, which was originally useful for
creating somewhat dynamic web page images of what Xastir is doing.
We later added the capability to write a .geo file for each
snapshot, so you can now use it to create custom raster maps for
Xastir as well.  Timing of the snapshots is adjustable.