Order Tray | Contact Us | Home | SIG Lists

[aprssig] GPS 18 data needed

Wes johnston wes at kd4rdb.com
Mon Mar 6 02:33:59 UTC 2006


ke4nyv was doing it with an LCD 4x20 display.  www.ke4nyv.com

Wes
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Andrew Rich" <vk4tec at tech-software.net>
To: "TAPR APRS Mailing List" <aprssig at lists.tapr.org>
Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2006 4:10 PM
Subject: RE: [aprssig] GPS 18 data needed


> Thinking of making a GPS derived LED 7 segment display using PIC chips
> 
> Anyone done this ?
> 
> -----------------------------------------
> Andrew Rich
> Amateur radio callsign VK4TEC
> email: vk4tec at tech-software.net <mailto:vk4tec at tech-software.net> 
> web: http://www.tech-software.net
> Brisbane AUSTRALIA 
> 
> 
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org
> [mailto:aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org]On Behalf Of scott at opentrac.org
> Sent: Monday, 6 March 2006 7:06 AM
> To: 'TAPR APRS Mailing List'
> Subject: RE: [aprssig] GPS 18 data needed
> 
> 
> Thanks to everyone who responded.  Got enough sample data for testing.
> 
> Scott
> N1VG 
> 
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org 
>> [mailto:aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Rich
>> Sent: Sunday, March 05, 2006 1:03 PM
>> To: TAPR APRS Mailing List
>> Subject: RE: [aprssig] GPS 18 data needed
>> 
>> GARMIN GPS18
>> 
>> $PGRMT,GPS 18LVC board ver. 8 - software ver. 2.30,P,P,R,R,P,,33,R*19
>> 
>> Poor Coverage
>> 
>> $GPRMC,035109,V,2734.4590,S,15306.2232,E,,,170704,011.2,E*7F
>> $GPGGA,035109,2734.4590,S,15306.2232,E,0,00,,,M,,M,,*44
>> $GPGSA,A,1,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,*1E
>> $GPGSV,3,1,09,04,18,138,00,05,73,229,41,06,16,248,00,07,03,090,00*7A
>> $GPGSV,3,2,09,09,28,325,00,10,43,041,00,17,83,238,00,24,55,149,00*7B
>> $GPGSV,3,3,09,30,35,222,00*47
>> $PGRME,,M,,M,,M*00
>> $GPGLL,2734.4590,S,15306.2232,E,035109,V*24
>> $GPVTG,,T,,M,,N,,K*4E
>> $PGRMV,,,*72
>> $PGRMF,,,170704,035109,,2734.4590,S,15306.2232,E,A,0,,,,*34
>> $PGRMB,,,,,,K,,,*2D
>> $PGRMM,WGS 84*06
>> 
>> Good Coverage
>> 
>> $GPRMC,034546,A,2734.4630,S,15306.2268,E,000.0,299.7,170704,011.2,E*65
>> $GPGGA,034546,2734.4630,S,15306.2268,E,1,07,1.5,47.8,M,39.2,M,,*63
>> $GPGSA,A,3,04,05,06,,,10,17,24,30,,,,2.3,1.5,1.0*33
>> $GPGSV,3,1,09,04,21,138,44,05,70,225,44,06,15,250,35,07,05,092,00*72
>> $GPGSV,3,2,09,09,30,323,00,10,40,038,39,17,83,263,33,24,57,150,47*74
>> $GPGSV,3,3,09,30,32,222,44*40
>> $GPVTG,300,T,289,M,000.0,N,0000.0,K*7E
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> -----------------------------------------
>> Andrew Rich
>> Amateur radio callsign VK4TEC
>> email: vk4tec at tech-software.net <mailto:vk4tec at tech-software.net>
>> web: http://www.tech-software.net
>> Brisbane AUSTRALIA
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org
>> [mailto:aprssig-bounces at lists.tapr.org]On Behalf Of scott at opentrac.org
>> Sent: Monday, 6 March 2006 4:31 AM
>> To: 'TAPR APRS Mailing List'
>> Subject: [aprssig] GPS 18 data needed
>> 
>> 
>> Can someone send me (off-list) some sample NMEA data from a 
>> Garmin GPS 18 if
>> they've got any handy?  I'm doing some troubleshooting and I 
>> need to take a
>> look at some of the sentences it sends.
>> 
>> Thanks,
>> 
>> Scott
>> N1VG
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> aprssig mailing list
>> aprssig at lists.tapr.org
>> https://lists.tapr.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/aprssig
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> aprssig mailing list
>> aprssig at lists.tapr.org
>> https://lists.tapr.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/aprssig
>> 
>> 
> 
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> aprssig mailing list
> aprssig at lists.tapr.org
> https://lists.tapr.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/aprssig
> 
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> aprssig mailing list
> aprssig at lists.tapr.org
> https://lists.tapr.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/aprssig
>





More information about the aprssig mailing list