[aprssig] aprs world data old

James Jefferson Jarvis jj at aprsworld.net
Sun Mar 12 20:56:13 UTC 2006

On Sunday 12 March 2006 14:46, Andrew Rich wrote:
> what is odd that findu works, ui-view works but aprs world i assume rejects
> it ?

APRS World's parser identifies your packets as bad. As does the France APRS2
server.  As does aprsdec.

If you packets are invalid then I see no reason why the aprsworld.net parser
should try to decode them and put potentially invalid information in its

My gold standard for APRS parser is aprsdec. It also shows your packet as bad.
Here is its output:

 APRS Data Type= Old Mic-E Data
 Message Type= Unknown (Code contains mixture of standard and custom '1' bits)
 Lat= 0 deg 23.0 min N  Long= **BAD LONG
**QUESTION: Is this lat/long position reasonable?
            It seems a long way from home for this callsign.
 Course= 34 deg   Speed= 0 knots (0.0 mph  0.0 kph  0.0 m/s)
 Altitude= 0 feet (0 meters)

kb0thn at aprsworld.net