[aprssig] Compressed position + wx data

Curt Mills archer at eskimo.com
Wed Mar 15 05:01:06 UTC 2006

On Tue, 14 Mar 2006, Matt Werner wrote:

> Can someone tell me what could be wrong with this packet:
> 20060315030920,KB0KQA>APX181,DULUTH*,WIDE3-2,qAR,KA0TMW-1:
> =/6d9G70,R_{;C322/000g000t017r000P000p000b10181XU2k

Near as I can tell without digging out the spec it looks correct.

You have the '=', a symbol table character, four lats, four longs, a
symbol of '_' (weather), then 3 bytes at the end of the compressed
position (didn't look to see if those are course/speed or something
else, but three bytes there is correct).  After that comes the
weather stuff and it looks correct to me.

> Neither findu or aprsworld decode it correctly.  It shows up on
> findu's error page.  Aprsworld decodes the position but interprets the
> weather (and part of the compressed packet) as status.

If you bring in the track data from findu for that station does it
decode correctly in Xastir?

Curt, WE7U.				archer at eskimo dot com