[aprssig] GPS to TNC APRS packet processor

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Sat Mar 18 03:19:56 UTC 2006

A while back I was playing with a PIC and I thought I would have a go at
making it do RTTY.

I was surprised at how well the thing actually worked.

I was expecting harmonics and all sorts of problems.

I used a Resistor ladder of 4 bits.

I hooked it up and the thing copied 100%

Ok so I started to introduce noise and the thing still copied 100%

It is amazing what these little chips can do.

Maybe one day we will have PIC based modems.

One chip - then we will have to work on modulation techniques.

Ok going to fire up my open tracker here and play with your new PSK code.

Andrew Rich
Amateur radio callsign VK4TEC
email: vk4tec at tech-software.net <mailto:vk4tec at tech-software.net>
web: http://www.tech-software.net