[aprssig] Time Traveler

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Mar 25 15:15:10 UTC 2006

THis could be a missconfigured IGate TNC.  THe
Mic-E protocol has a few non-printable bytes in
some longitudes between 100 and 109 deg W.
If a TNC is set improperly to ignore embeddd control
characters, a Mic-E packet will not get through
properly and will cause a longitude shift.

However, in this case, the format is not Mic-E,
so I have no other explaination other than a bad
GPS or tracker.  Bob

>>> n0yxv at gihams.org 03/24/06 9:32 PM >>>
Anybody got an idea how this packet

can become this packet

In other words my UI-View screen has him in Nebraska but when you look him
up on Findu.com he's actually in Salt Lake City UT.

aprssig mailing list
aprssig at lists.tapr.org