[aprssig] Proper deviation levels

scott at opentrac.org scott at opentrac.org
Tue Nov 28 03:04:34 UTC 2006

I know this just came up recently, but I can't find it.  What's the accepted
standard deviation for APRS?  Or more specifically, what should the
deviation be for the high and low tones, so I can check pre-emphasis as
well?

And thanks to everyone who made suggestions for comm test sets.  I got my
HP/Agilent 8920A today and I'm having loads of fun with it.  And when I'm
not using it for testing, it makes a pretty decent (if rather expensive) FM
radio for listening to music in the lab.  =]

Scott
N1VG