[aprssig] PHG calculation formula?

Steve Huston huston at srhuston.net
Thu Oct 26 14:41:55 UTC 2006

On 10/26/06 5:17 AM, Dave Baxter wrote:
> OK, so what exactly do you do with...
> power = pow(base_power, 2.00)
> Comma 2.00?  Is there a function designator missing somewhere, as that
> looks like you're calling a function "pow" with two indipendant values,
> "base_power" and the value of 2.

You are:

POW(3)                   BSD Library Functions Manual

     pow -- power function

     #include <math.h>

     pow(double x, double y);

     long double
     powl(long double x, long double y);

     powf(float x, float y);

     The pow() functions compute x raised to the power y.

Steve Huston - W2SRH - Unix Sysadmin, Dept. of Astrophysical Sciences
  Princeton University  |    ICBM Address: 40.346525   -74.651285
    126 Peyton Hall     |"On my ship, the Rocinante, wheeling through
  Princeton, NJ   08544 | the galaxies; headed for the heart of Cygnus,
    (609) 258-7375      | headlong into mystery."  -Rush, 'Cygnus X-1'