[aprssig] *** TNC Test CD Update - Mirror Server Now Available ***

Steve Huston huston at srhuston.net
Tue Oct 31 17:23:47 UTC 2006

On 10/31/2006 12:20 PM, Gregg Wonderly wrote:
>> Might be easier to have the .wav or .aiff files posted separately for
>> download.
> I missed the dual mode part of the image discussion.  I was thinking
> that there would be mp3s on the disk to play as files.

I don't remember enough about the MP3 algorithm, except that it's
definitely a lossy compression - I don't know how that would work for an
audio data stream, might mess things up enough to skew the results.

Though, FLAC is lossless, but even less things can play that.

Steve Huston - W2SRH - Unix Sysadmin, Dept. of Astrophysical Sciences
  Princeton University  |    ICBM Address: 40.346525   -74.651285
    126 Peyton Hall     |"On my ship, the Rocinante, wheeling through
  Princeton, NJ   08544 | the galaxies; headed for the heart of Cygnus,
    (609) 258-7375      | headlong into mystery."  -Rush, 'Cygnus X-1'