[aprssig] RatShack-Sony w/MFJ-1270C & PK-900

Matthew Stennett wa4tkg at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 16 15:13:05 UTC 2006

How does one wire the Infamous Sony-RatShack into
either the
MFJ-1270C or an AEA PK-900?
  I looked at the AEA manual, and SUPPOSEDLY, I need
to make some PIA  (self defined) Interface Box of
sorts, (Capacitor &/or Resistor Combo) in order to get
a GPS to function with it.
 Anyone care to comment ?
I have patched the RX into my Belkin USB< >Serial
adaptor, and SEE the GPS strings, but not sure (fairly
sure) the Signal is NOT being transmitted.

Do You Yahoo!?