[aprssig] New EU final summary...?

Ron Stordahl ron.stordahl at digikey.com
Fri Sep 22 16:02:03 UTC 2006

John Ronan wrote:
> On 22 Sep 2006, at 08:12, Andy Pritchard wrote:
>> Hi Bob
>> I disagree with your conclusion
>> The path of least resistance is always the most efficient to get
>> something done. So in simple terms all Europe needs to do is disable
>> WIDE and WIDEn-n in line with the following guidelines
>> http://www.apritch.myby.co.uk/uiview_neweu.htm
>> Andy, M0CYP - Telford
>> http://www.apritch.myby.co.uk/uiview.htm
>> http://www.apritch.myby.co.uk/radioprop.htm
> Afternoon,
> For what its worth, in the South East of Ireland, we are using
> WIDEn-n, recommended for Mobile stations is WIDE1-1, WIDE2-1. RELAY
> was deprecated about a year ago, and I don't think we support it
> anymore.  When we replace the UI-DIGI nodes with Scott N1VG's OT2s,
> then RELAY will be a long distant memory.

Yes the OpenTracker2 being completed by Scott N1VG, references:
looks like a very reasonable cost (estimated target about $70.00 US)
replacement for other stand alone TNC's and does a lot more than most of
them!  It will support the NEWn-N Paradigm (in which RELAY and TRACEn-N
are not supported) far more strictly than is possible with UIView32 and
existing TNC's (UIDIGI) and KPC3's.  I will be using these once my
spares are exhausted of  used MFJ1270C's, which won't be long I fear.

Ron, N5IN