[aprssig] Prius - Photos of Install Now On My Website

Rusty Hemenway rhemen at roadrunner.com
Sat Apr 21 14:46:53 UTC 2007

I have a Ford Escape Hybrid.  HF is almost useless when the vehicle is in
motion.  S9 noise that increases upon using the brakes.  When coasting its
its around S6.
When parked there are no issues.  The engine starts and stops to charge the
battery.  There is a full sized auto battery in the Escape.  Of course I
only get around 31 mpg.  I've spoken with the maintenance managers at
several garages and they have no idea how to reduce the RF noise.   Any

I use a Yaesu 857 for HF and a D700 for APRS.  I've not seen much of a
interference issue at VHF