[aprssig] Prius - Photos of Install Now On My Website

John Habbinga kc5zrq at gmail.com
Sat Apr 21 15:37:59 UTC 2007

With this discussion on Prius as a UPS, I thought I'd share some photos of a
battery backup that I put together for my APRS digipeater station this week.

The station has VHF and UHF transceivers and a Pentium III computer.  This
will also provide backup power for several wireless Internet links.

An overall view

An overhead shot

Access to UPS

Additional ventilation

This is the first such modification that I've made to install larger
(external) batteries to a UPS.  I've been testing it for about a day and it
seems to work as expected.  I'm interested to know if anyone else has done
this and if there are any issues that I should be concerned with.