[aprssig] DR-135TP - EJ-41U TNC / T2-135

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Sat Aug 11 22:04:35 UTC 2007

Can someone with a DR-135TP (or the T version with the EJ-41U TNC added)
please confirm that the "remote control" functions on the MIC still work OK?
i.e., do the MON, H/L, V/M, CALL buttons etc. still function?

This is in reference to a DR-135T with a T2-135 installed. The T2-135 is
working OK, but most remote functions on the MIC are not. With the switches
in the right position, it can still transmit DTMF and the UP/DOWN buttons
work OK. The MIC works OK on another DR-135T and the MIC from that radio
shows the same symptoms when connected to the radio with the T2-135 in it.

I'm quite impressed by the T2-135. I haven't gone mobile with it yet, but it
looks like it will make a good "tracker", can also act as a digipeater, is
weather station capable, and with a laptop or PDA with terminal program
connected, it can also send and receive messages. It can also be
reprogrammed remotely via APRS messages. The T2-135 is just $75 USD and the
DR-135T is less than $200 CAD, and well under that in USD.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH