[aprssig] D710 GPS Port

Jason Winningham jdw at eng.uah.edu
Tue Aug 14 16:55:28 UTC 2007

On Aug 14, 2007, at 11:13 AM, William McKeehan wrote:

> Has anyone looked at D-Star as a potential replacement for APRS?
> It seems to have a lot of the basic functionality.

I haven't looked at it, but from what I've heard they apparently made
some fairly stupid (IMO) design decisions.  IIRC, a callsign can only
be on the network once (no SSID), if a repeater is to be added the
whole network has to be rebooted or something equally drastic.  Oh,
and the radios are obscenely expensive.

No thanks.