[aprssig] PERL and WINDOWS for APRS

Andrew Rich vk4tec at people.net.au
Sun Aug 19 00:32:59 UTC 2007

I have for some time now discovered the power and versatlity of PERL on

It does mostly what I want, Database interaction, serial port, sockets,
graphics creation.

I have the situation now where I would like to use it under windows.

I have installed active perl, and telnet works well.

What I am struggling with is serial routines under windows with perl.

Has anyone had experience in this area ?

What I am doing is parsing serial data and connecting to mapping program

Perhaps JAVA might be a solution ? But one step at a time.

Andrew Rich VK4TEC
vk4tec at people.net.au

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
3:48 PM