[aprssig] APRS - They don't get it (over on qrz.com)

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Tue Aug 28 04:38:06 UTC 2007

Rusty Hemenway wrote:
> Bob
> I live in a valley in Southern California.  Some consider it a RF hole!
> There are two mountain top digis that cover the valley and a lot of other
> area.  We have local club meetings and ARES nets, etc that we could
> advertise locally.  The local repeater just covers the town/city and not
> much further.   It would make no sense to advertise thru either of the
> digis.
> What would you consider I could do to advertise the nets/club meetings
> locally?   We also  have the President Regan library in the town and get a
> lot of visitors.  It might be worthwhile to advertise a local repeater for
> visitors to the library.
> Rusty K1GGS

Have one of the club members or local hams that live in one of the
higher locations on one of the hillsides of the Moorpark/Simi Valley
area, but below the summit,  beacon objects direct (no path at all).

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
EchoLink Node:      14400    [Think bottom of the 2M band]    438.15MHz
Pasadena, CA

NEW!   World Digipeater Map

JavAPRS Filter Port 14580 Guide

Symbols Set for UI-View,