[aprssig] CWXX to contact information?

Russ Chadwick russ at wxqa.com
Tue Dec 4 23:50:00 UTC 2007

Chris Kantarjiev wrote:
> Is there any reliable way to reach the owners (or at least discover
> the names/contact info for the owners) of the various CWXX and other
> TCP-only WX stations that show up on ARPS and elsewhere?
> There are a number that I'd like to contact to see if they'd be
> willing to host some digipeater or igate hardware...
> 73 de chris K6DBG

You can search the CWOP database (over 11,000 entries) through this link,

You can enter callsigns, names or locations and receive back information
and links to information for that station.

A not insignificant number of CWOP members with CWxxxx IDs are amateur
radio operators.  However, most are not and, of course, those would not
be able to operate a digipeater under the CWxxxx callsign.

Russ  KB0TVJ