[aprssig] Garmin Alternate

Ev Tupis w2ev at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 9 13:36:53 UTC 2007

----- Original Message ----
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev at yahoo.com>

Garmin has an embedded GPS module called the GPS15H
 (https://buy.garmin.com/shop/shop.do?cID=157) that I can't seem to get
 in the quantities that I need for a project.  It's not their fault.
  They have regular customers to satisfy (I'm a little fish in their world).

Is there any list-experience with alternatives?

Thanks to everyone who responded both on and off list.  I got several leads on Garmin dealers from which I could possibly assemble the quantity that I was looking for, and two links to alternate GPS manufacturers (copied below for the good of the list membership):

(though this second one seems to be TTL rather than RS-232)

Thanks again for the responses.