[aprssig] Remote HF SkyCommand on the air
bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Feb 24 14:20:12 CST 2007
Our SkyCommand remote base is now on the air:
It works great! From the front panel of my Mobile D700 or D7 HT I can now control the TS-2000 HF rig at work. Here are lessons learned:
* Does the VHF link ever time out? [Yes, after 10 min)
* What does #1 ON/OFF command do? (I see no change.)
* Can others share my rig? [Yes! Use CMDR call!}
* Can we chat on UHF for coord? [YES, w different PL]
* Can all D7/700's see HF freq? [yes!]
* what is safe TS2000 VHF TX pwr? [5w only gets warm]
* How to remotely band change? ?????
* How to delete char in callsign? [CLEAR key on TS2000]
* What about PATH? [must be direct]
I'm still stuck on 20 meters and just cannot seem to get it to band change. For a few tests, direct freq entry worked, but now it wont anymore again. I enter 14.123.11 and it goes to 14.123.11 MHz, but if I enter ANY OTHER BAND including 21.123.11 even with the same number of digits, it simply will not change bands.
THis is where I started. But then for several tests it DID QSY to any BAND by direct frequency input, but now it is back to no-band change. Must be some setting on the TS-2000...
Lots of fun now commuting and being able to listen to something new for a chnage.
More information about the aprssig