[aprssig] RE: PC Card, barcodes, etc.

Mark Fellhauer sparkfel at qwest.net
Wed Feb 28 06:20:38 UTC 2007

At 08:55 PM 2/27/2007, Ray McKnight wrote:

>Anyone out there considered a Type-II PC Card TNC?
>There used to be a 1 and 4-port ISA TNC card, but it never really
>Caught on because it was introduced just about the time PCI showed up.

Almost all manufacturers have abandoned the PCMCIA standard.  AFAIK, only
three laptop makers are including PC Card support in current models - those
are:  Sony, Fujitsu, and Toshiba on selected models.

I just purchased a Fujitsu Lifebook A6020 for Vista development at work as
I have a need for PC Card support

PC cards have been replaced by the Express Card standard.