[aprssig] TNC-200 Assistance

Earl Needham needhame1 at plateautel.net
Mon Jan 1 15:42:29 UTC 2007

At 01:57 AM 1/1/2007, Stephen H. Smith wrote:
>TheNet is a replacement EPROM for the standard TNC2-style firmware,
>to use the TNC as a dedicated packet (not APRS!) digipeater.

         Actually, it makes the TNC function as a NODE, not a
digipeater.  This terminology is the source of confusion in several
areas, what with people putting up nodes instead of digis, calling a
dig a node, etc.  We need digipeaters in APRS, not nodes.  But
Stephen is right -- it won't work with APRS software at all.

         7 3

Clovis, New Mexico DM84jk
"Just say NO to DHL"