[aprssig] Quad antenna construction techniques

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Tue Jan 9 11:06:56 UTC 2007

Gudday

Building a quad for vhf for aprs.

I have tried metal boom (hopeless) plastic (ok) and wood (good)

I am open to suggestions on how to hold the vhf quad elements in place.

I have used dowel spreaders with notches cut into them before.

How about arrows ? they seem to have plastic bit at the end - a "bow nock"

I would like to try some more rigid wire this time, last time i used some
failry flimsy stuff.

Got any tips for building 145 MHz quads ?

Cheers
Andrew Rich
Amateur radio callsign VK4TEC
email: vk4tec at tech-software.net