[aprssig] Quad antenna construction techniques

Shanon Herron ka8spw at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jan 9 12:28:04 UTC 2007

I Rich,
    I usually slide a snug fitting hardwood dowel rod into the PVC to stiffen it up.
  Good luck, Shanon KA8SPW

Andrew Rich <vk4tec at tech-software.net> wrote:
  Building a quad for vhf for aprs.
  I have tried metal boom (hopeless) plastic (ok) and wood (good)
  I am open to suggestions on how to hold the vhf quad elements in place.
  I have used dowel spreaders with notches cut into them before.
  How about arrows ? they seem to have plastic bit at the end - a "bow nock"
  I would like to try some more rigid wire this time, last time i used some failry flimsy stuff.
  Got any tips for building 145 MHz quads ?
Andrew Rich
Amateur radio callsign VK4TEC
email: vk4tec at tech-software.net
web: http://www.tech-software.net