[aprssig] Local Repeater Displays on Mobiles

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Jan 22 21:36:18 UTC 2007

Well, I found more of the local Voice Repeater frequency objects

Apparently there are 77 of them showing up with the Mic-E
repeater symbol.  Unfortunately, the intent of that symbol was
to indicate Mic-E repeaters only, that is, repeaters that listen
for PTT type Mic-E packets on the input of the voice repeater.
There are very few of those I think.  So too many of these
symbols appear to be improperly used.

The proper symbol to use for a local voice repeater object is
the "/r" symbol.

Are there writings or postings somewhere that are giving users
the wrong idea of what symbol to use in this application?
Especially since there are over 800 stations using these symbols