[aprssig] Local Repeater Displays on Mobiles

Ron ve1aic at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 24 23:42:02 UTC 2007

Thanks for the update Jan. I downloaded the new symbol
set from Steve's site.
I had to edit the node symbol (now green star
It looked too much like the Green Maple Leaf for
highway route numbers on my Streets maps which was
hard to see.
So I changed it back to yellow star with black
(shadow) on the tips.
73, Ron VE1AIC

> Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2007 10:01:54 +0100
> From: "Jan T. Pharo" <la2bba at jpharo.net>
> Subject: Re: [aprssig] Local Repeater Displays on
> Ron <ve1aic at yahoo.com>, Tue, 23 Jan 2007 16:58:33
-0800 (PST):
>>Hi Bob, I suspect many people (like me) were sending
>>the repeater objects from their client station. In
>>UI-View the REPEATER object is /m, whereas the
>>is /r so thats why so many are using /m.
> There is no symbol named "repeater" in the recent
station setup menu
> of UI-View. There _is_ a "Mic-E Rptr" symbol. You
(they) might have an
> old symbol set. The recent one can be found at
> <http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/APRS_symbols.htm>
> --
> 73 de Jan, LA2BBA
> Hvaler, Norway